6/22 Ludington 6 for 6

The boat launches are finally back open after the big storm and flooding we had last week. My buddy Dave and I fished this morning from 8am till 11am and boated 6 fish. We were straight out about 7 miles from the harbor and fished 120fow to 220fow. First fish came on a chrome/yellow spin doctor with a lemon ice fly on a dipsy with a mag ring 190 back. The next 3 fish came on a yellow/black spoon on a downrigger 95 down. Next fish came on a green dolphin on a full core. And the last fish came on a carmel dolphin that was on a slider line as we were getting ready to pull the last rigger for the trip in. The fish were hitting when we had the speed up over 3mph. Its a pretty good day when you can sleep in, go catch a pack of good eaters, the come home to fire up the grill and cook up the catch!!

Thanks, It's been a slow start this year with very cold Spring weather and all the storms that finally ended up with a lot of flooding between Ludington and Manistee. This web site looks good, very informative, I hope to pick up some tips for salmon fishing. Thanks.

Its a pretty good day when you can sleep in, go catch a pack of good eaters, the come home to fire up the grill and cook up the catch!!

Yeah that, nice job!