What a difference a day makes.

Well, I suspect after the fishing show that I was a part of today airs on any TV stations in Wisconsin or Minnosta, we are going to have a major influx of new Saginaw Bay fishermen. What was my bad luck for me yesterday was OFF THE CHARTS today.

I met the camera crew and co-host "Bill Sherck" at franks at 8:00am. We went in the store talked about the Stinger Scorpion spoons and the varied ways we run them on the bay. Stopped at linwood Corners for breakfast. I had the Western Omlet. Went to my boat and I showed how I convert regular spoons in to spoon harnesses and gave an overview of how I was going to run both the spoon harnesses and crawlers with snap weights and bare spoons as sliders over cranks for todays fishing trip. Only thing missing was my buddy Reel Fishing who was going to first mate for me today. I'm sure something very much more important happened to make him miss this, so I hope all is well with Mark and his family as I am truely worried about it.

With only me and Bill having a license I was very concerned about only running 4 rods after yesterdays dissapointing showing on my charter where we only boxed 8 walleyes all day using 8 rods. Man was I in for a surprise. I headed to a spot south and west of the Black Hole where I have good luck ice fishing in 21FOW. I put out both spoon harnesses with crawlers 20/40, 1 1/2 ounce snap weights near bottom. Set the other side with Rattle Tots 80 back with Scorpion sliders. 2 minutes later fish on the slider. Then the other slider went off with what I thought was a much larger fish. Nope, it was two 19 inchers, one on the slider and one on the Rattle Tot, a true double on one line. I soon traded the two spoon harnesses back over, that had not had a hit with real crawlers, to cranks and spoon sliders and then things went nuts. Twice we had 3 fish on with just 4 rods out. And twice 2 fish on the same line crank and slider. Fish after fish after fish. I thanked God we only had 4 rods out at one point. They got enough action film of fish and everything else in 1 hour 45minutes and so we came in. They are going to send me a copy of the show this fall when it airs.

Going back to the same spot tomarrow.

Bill gave me his card to call and keep checking on when it's done. I thought Ron Schara himself was going to show up with Raven, but it seems this will be on a segment of one of his shows coming up. Bill Sherck is co-host and produces Minnesota Bound, Backroads with Ron and Raven, Due North Outdoors, Pheasants Forever, The Outdoor Beat and Legends of Rod and Reel. He said the segment may air on all of them at one time or another. They also fished and filmed yesterday on the Bay out in front of Finn road with a guy who guides Fly Fishermen for carp. When Bill called me yesterday to confirm our meeting place this morning he said he was out on the flats fly fishing for carp, so I thought he was in florida or something. I almost flipped when he said the Finn road flats. He caught 2 carp on flies with one being over 20 pounds. Wild stuff.

Also said the guide knew me quit well and spoke highly of me, yet his name didn't ring a bell. He also guides on the AuSable, so maybe from my "River Guides Association" days.

GJ Dan. Way to Gitter Done.

I needed a break today. Yesterday was a tough bite for awhile but around 10 or 10:30 it picked up for us, and we got the second half of a 4 man limit in about 40 minutes. Boat control, or lack of it, was our biggest problem in the big waves. We were at the dock at noon. Dan if you ever need a hand onboard let me know. I may be able to oblige. :)