Fishing Report for the weekend of May 6 & 7

Well I hit the water Saturday morning with a friend and main goal was to target trout. We trolled from 80 ft. to 130 ft. We end the day 9 for 16 with 4 Lakers, 5 Kings. All but (1) laker was returned back into the water to be caught another day. They ranged from 25 to 30in. The kings were in that 8 to 10lb range with (1) going 12lbs.

Sunday the wife forced me to fish in the morning. Her sister was in town and wife made plans for me to take her brother-in-law and his dad out fishing. We head out to 100 ft and I set up a king program in hope to get them onto some fish. We trolled out to 150 ft. flipped it and went back in to 100 ft. and called it a day. We end up 9 for 11 with 1 laker and 8 kings. We had (1) king that was 6lbs the rest were 11+lbs with the biggest at 15lbs. We hit (1) double and (1) triple. We heard on the radio that someone box a 20lb king in 138 ft.

Sorry for the vague report but because of an up coming tournament this Friday and Saturday out of St. Joe, I don’t want to give out to much detail.

For those of you that are fishing the Summer Challenge, I’ll looking forward to meeting you. If you see us at the captain’s meeting or at the weigh-in just stop and say high.

Way to go Steve!

I'll add one for saturday...took the wife and kid out by 9am had lines in the water at 110fow....by 12:30 had lines out of water at 80fow and headed in. Results 4 for 4: 3 kings 1 laker

From left to right: 8.5# King, 11.5# king, 11.8# king, 6.5 # Lake Trout:

3Kings1LakeTroutSm.JPG

one tried it's darndest to get hung up in the motor, but I was quick to shut down the motor and free him up! :eek:

Ben

Nope, the adipose was there, but I had to go back and recheck the original photo...it's in the shadows.

Full core with moonshine flounder pounder - king

cut bait on wire dipsy - king

outdown down 65' with a crippled alewife orange glow spoon - laker

outdown down 55' with a crippled alewife orange glow spoon - king

Here’s a little info that I did not add to the original post!

The morning started out real slow and I could not figure it out. I was changing up all the colors and trying different techniques and still could not figure out my dry spell till my brother-in-law pulls out a banana from his bag and started to eat it.:eek: I immediately went off on him asking him WHY he as a banana and told him to toss it over. After tossing it over we box 2 kings and went dead again. I asked if he had any more bananas on board and he told me no.

About 10 minutes later he asked me if banana bread would count!!!!!!!!:mad:

Here’s a little info that I did not add to the original post!

The morning started out real slow and I could not figure it out. I was changing up all the colors and trying different techniques and still could not figure out my dry spell till my brother-in-law pulls out a banana from his bag and started to eat it.:eek: I immediately went off on him asking him WHY he as a banana and told him to toss it over. After tossing it over we box 2 kings and went dead again. I asked if he had any more bananas on board and he told me no.

About 10 minutes later he asked me if banana bread would count!!!!!!!!:mad:

I don't care who you are that's funny right there! I hope Dave doesn't go through his boat real close Friday AM:D

I am worried enough already that we are having Wayne with us. Just the banana color of his boat may travel with him. If anyone brings any sort of banana anything from fruit, to bread, to muffins, to gum or candy will result in an immediate removal from Team Fish Dog for the weekend!

Dave

:D

Hey Steve,

my wife packed a banana for Morgan the morning of the above report...and we still managed 4 nice fish! I can only imagine how we would have done without the hex upon us?!?!?! :confused:

Note: the last time she brought a banana, we got the black kitty!! SO I threatened her this time that if we went blank again, I was gonna go through all her stuff before we leave next time. She got all pissy with me about that one...but she won't be fishing any tournaments with me if she insists on packing bananas.

I was told by a good source (Spanky and DonP) that banana bread was okay, as the cooking process releases all the bad mojo from the bananas. Either that, or find a golden goby to offset the bad karma of the yellow killer banana.