Hey All!!

Hi folks!!

I just wanted to take a minute to say hi. We primarily fish out of Manistee but are known to hit some other ports, as well. I just found this forum and it looks really good! I'm looking forward to hanging out and sharing info as much as possible.

Take care and hang in there, guys... It won't be long now!!

Bill

Welcome to the site

So what ports do you fish? Have you fished my #1 port Frankfort and have you ever made it down to Muskegon yet. If you like to fish Muskegon check out the West Michigan fishing league and my other chairty tournamnet called the Dreamweaver and Big Jon chairty fun event and get signed up. This site is alot of fun and has alot of good times before every tournament I run at Fishermans landing. We like to have a few good outings before tournament time....:D Glf has a tournament event to called the stinger Challenge.....you are welcome to come to any of them.

Caznik

Hi Caznik!

We primarily fish out of Manistee but if I bring the boat home, I can fish just about anywhere. Being in the middle of the state, it's a drive no matter how I look at it. (GAS PRICES SUCK!!) :mad: I've never fished Frankfort, but I'm really leaning on fishing the Benzy Frenzy this year. Before we started fishing Manistee, we primarily fished out of Muskegon. I'm very familiar with Fisherman's Landing. It just so happens that I was talking to another ?? member here ?? fisherman about your tournament this weekend at the sport show in GR. It sounds like a really good time. I'll definately have to check my calandar. If it works out, I'll be in!!

Hi Caznik!

We primarily fish out of Manistee but if I bring the boat home, I can fish just about anywhere. Being in the middle of the state, it's a drive no matter how I look at it. (GAS PRICES SUCK!!) :mad: I've never fished Frankfort, but I'm really leaning on fishing the Benzy Frenzy this year. Before we started fishing Manistee, we primarily fished out of Muskegon. I'm very familiar with Fisherman's Landing. It just so happens that I was talking to another ?? member here ?? fisherman about your tournament this weekend at the sport show in GR. It sounds like a really good time. I'll definately have to check my calandar. If it works out, I'll be in!!

Good deal,

You must give Frankfort a try and I like to go the weekend before the Benzie frenzy. The town of Frankfort is really nice and has a great campground called the Betsi River camp site. When fishing at Frankfort to, it gets deeper very fast and you only have to go out about 2-3 miles and you will be in 200' of water. I have done very good there on Memoreal weekend and Labor day weekend.

Get up there and fish...:D

Caznik

Welcome to the site Bill. Yes, I get my daily fix of fishing questions of this site as well. Was great meeting you on Saturday. I'm lookin' forward to Caz's tourney but I think you'll be doing the Ludington torney then. If you do decide to do the Benzie Tourney let me know. I'll be prefishin the weekend before and the Thursday, Friday before as well.

Hey Mike!!

Yep...That is the same weekend as the Offshore Classic, isn't it..Well bud, nothing is set in stone yet. It was great meeting and talking with you this weekend, too! We definately need to hook up and burn a drag or two this spring! No doubt about it! I'll be talking to you soon, bud!!

Casnik,

Frankfort is definately on the hit list this year. ESPECIALLY if Manistee is loaded with nets again!! The more I fish the northern ports, the more I like them. I will definately make a trip or two there this season!!

Bill

Welcome aboard Bill,

I fish out of a 22 Starcraft Islander HT. I fish mostly on Lake Huron, and it's Saginaw Bay. I consider AuGres as my home port, but my boat seldom gets slipped. I live near the East end of M55 and head West to Manistee about 3 or 4 times a year for some Salmon Slammin. I have M55 down pat.:) Join us in the chat room Wed about 8 PM. I know you will like it here. If you need anything just shout.:) I hope to see you on the pond. Manistee is my favorite Lake MI port.:)

Hey Mike!!

Yep...That is the same weekend as the Offshore Classic, isn't it..Well bud, nothing is set in stone yet. It was great meeting and talking with you this weekend, too! We definately need to hook up and burn a drag or two this spring! No doubt about it! I'll be talking to you soon, bud!!

Casnik,

Frankfort is definately on the hit list this year. ESPECIALLY if Manistee is loaded with nets again!! The more I fish the northern ports, the more I like them. I will definately make a trip or two there this season!!

Bill

Let me know if you like any info on Frankfort.

Rich

Thanks, Frank!! We currently fish out of a 22 ft Trophy Hardtop named Just Right. We absolutely love spending weekends on the boat and slip at the Municipal Marina in Manistee. It's the best port I've ever fished outside of Wittier, Alaska. Here's an older picture of the rig. The riggers have been upgraded to Big Jon Tournament series..

boat2004.jpg

Rich,

I'll definately be in touch for info on Frankfort. Do they have a municipal marina with transient slips like Manistee?

Bill

Thanks, Frank!! We currently fish out of a 22 ft Trophy Hardtop named Just Right. We absolutely love spending weekends on the boat and slip at the Municipal Marina in Manistee. It's the best port I've ever fished outside of Wittier, Alaska. Here's an older picture of the rig. The riggers have been upgraded to Big Jon Tournament series..

boat2004.jpg

Rich,

I'll definately be in touch for info on Frankfort. Do they have a municipal marina with transient slips like Manistee?

Bill

Yes they do and it is only like 1 mile from the lake.

Bill,

You need to be a little carefull when Launching in Frankfort. Stay in the middle launches and watch the graph. You can't go directly from the launch to the Municiple. You need to go out and around to avoid the shallows (basically a big horseshoe).

Mike

Here is some info and you might want to make some calls for a marina. If I was you I'd only keep my boat on the Frankfort side and not the Elberta due to low water on the Elberta side. I cannot remember the name of the marina that my folks use to use but it has bathrooms and showers with it and right there in town for your wife to shop. If she like craft sales then go the weekend of August 17th.

Here ya go, check these links out:

http://www.frankfort-elberta.com/

http://www.frankforttacklebox.com/

Bill,

You need to be a little carefull when Launching in Frankfort. Stay in the middle launches and watch the graph. You can't go directly from the launch to the Municiple. You need to go out and around to avoid the shallows (basically a big horseshoe).

Mike

Last year it was the lowest i have ever seen it to.

Thanks fellas!!! I'll be sure to do that. Thanks for the info Rich and Mike. That sounds like it's defintely a need to know. IF and thats a big IF..We get into a bigger boat, we will probably slip it in Manistee but keep the Trophy to trailer to other ports. Time will tell..

Thanks again boys!!

• 2 weeks later...