1st new post

Hi everyone. I have been chasing salmon for around 17 years and joined this site to gain more knowlage in the art of fishing salmon. I am a week end fisherman and enjoy the sport for the relaxing time I can spen on my boat. I have started this sport on a 16' boat then moved to a 19 foot and then to my present 24.5 Crestline Eagle. In 2004 I attended the Chessapeak Marine Training Center in Virginai to take the required course to obtain a 25 ton Captian Licience. The knowlage at this school that I obtain has made me a more knolagable person on the water. I usaually can hold my own on the water as far as salmon fishing goes for last year my log regestered 365 fish of which 44 were steel head 2 lake trout 1 brown trout and the rest salmom.

What I enjoy the most is to watch people on my boat catch fish and teach them every thing I know. I am still learning and I am looking forward to reading as much as I can.

It will take me a while to figure out around this site but I am sure I will get there.

I have been know to fish out of Baileys Harbor, Stergeon Bay, Algoma, Kewanee all ports in Wisconsin.

I do have one question for now and this will be in regards to the Fish Dog Company. I just found this site tonight and I am wondering how long the moon shine spoons glow when charged with a Black light? I am not much of a spoon feeder but they have their times in early spring and fall. Lately I have not purchased many glow spoons because the ones I have purchased did not glow very long and I seamed to be running the wrong colors at times.

Tom,

The Moonshine spoons have a glow that will last up to 8 hours. Ofcourse, they do become more dim with time. The glow will last plenty long enough to not have to pull them up and recharge. Different colors glow with different intensity. The Green and yellow glows the brightest. The blue, purple, and orange are not as bright. Different colors seem to produce on different days, just as with everything. These are my goto for early pre-light fishing. I will have them on every rod until 7am or so. After that I will begin to start switching out the higher lines as light begins to pentration the water.

I have a Cannon speed and temp with a light intensity monitor. You would be amazed at how bright it can be yet still have very low light levels at depth of only 30 ft down. I have seem days with a bright sun at 10am and there is only 20% light intensity at 40ft! I got this unit last season and it taught me alot about light and keeping my glows out a little longer than I used to.

These glows are just one more tool in the arsenal.

Dave

Just as a follow up...

We do not use a black light for charging. We use a 2 million CP rechargable spot light. Set 2 spoons on the deck, turn on the spot and lay the spot on top of them for 1-3 min.

I too, added a Cannon Speed & Temp to my boat. I echo what Dave said...

Mark

I have a black light and have played with it in the garage but never on the boat. I have not been impressed with the glow or duration or it versus the the spotlight. I did just get a 10 million candle power spot light and that sucker can glow anything in about 30 seconds!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...