Muskegon 10/07/07 Fishing Report 7 for 12

What a BEAUTIFUL day to be on the water. How many days in October are 88 degrees? I glad to have had the chance to get out fishing the last two days. I posted my yesterdays report in Redeyes report located here. Speaking of Redeye.....Brek, his daughter, and grand daughter joined me and my boys out on the lake today.

salmon_480918.jpg

We left the dock at 7:05am. We ran out to 120FOW and dropped in. We marked a nice school of bait fish right away, put the boat on a West troll, and proceeded to set lines.

Our first fish came when we hit 150FOW at 8:00am. This was a nice coho that came on a wire diver with an 11" protroll and a Siggs Rigs, Bluegreen Bubble fly, set on #3 with 185' of line out.

Our next fish hit in 160FOW at 8:08am. This was on a slider set 20' above the ball on a down rigger set at 80. This was on a Stinger Stingray Prototype. We lost this fish. :angry2:

h.jpg

At 8:15am in 160FOW, the wire diver with the 11" Protroll and Siggs Rigs Bluegreen bubble fly went again. This was set on #3 with 185' of line out. This was a king.

At 8:20am, in 145FOW, a rigger down 80' with a Stinger Mag Glow Dolphin took a nice 8lb king.

At 8:38am a 6 color core in 135FOW, with a Stinger Stingray prototype goes. We lost this fish before we got it to the boat :angry2:

f.jpg

DOUBLE!!!! At 8:50am in 150FOW, the wire diver set on #3 with 185' of line out went again. We boxed this fish. While this fish was on, a 2 color core with a 4 oz dive bomb and 400' of line on the counter, with a Stinger Stingray Freakin Veggies went. Somehow I managed to farm this fish. :o

At 9:40am we boxed a nice steelhead on a full core with a Stinger Stingray Glow Dolphin.

At 10:00am we boxed 8lb king on a Stinger Mag NBK on a full core with a 4oz Dive Bomb.

At 11:40am we lost a fish on a wire diver set on #3 with 300' on the counter. This was another 11" protroll flasher with a Siggs Rigs Blue Mist fly.

At 12:00pm we lost a fish on a fixed slider 20' above the ball on a rigger set at 144'. This was on a Stinger Stingray Mixed Veggies.

We pulled lines at 12:45pm and pulled in a lake trout that was on a Stinger Mag Glow Dolphin on a rigger set at 144'. We let this one go.

We marked a lot of bait fish, and fish today from 120 - 180FOW.

While cleaning fish, I checked what to see what they were eating. The kings had been eating well. Lots of 2-3" alewives, with a couple of 5" alewives mixed in.

The next time I head out, I will be down sizing my baits. ;)

My son Hunter is turning into a fishing machine. He wants to reel in fish every time we go out now.

Salmon1.jpg

Brek's granddaughter and her first salmon. She is ready to go fishing again already!

Salmon2.jpg