2008 Stinger Challenge - Lake Huron

GLF

stinger.jpg

Saturday June 14th at Au Gres City Park

I made the post about the Stinger Challenge on Lake Michigan, and wanted to touch base with everyone about the Stinger Challenge on Lake Huron. There will be a Stinger Challenge on Lake Huron in 2008. We are working on the date and a location. It will be in the month of June.

I will have another post with more details and the lure package when we have everything finalized.

This will be on Saturday June 14th at Au Gres City Park. Sunday June 15th will be the blow date. Here is a link to their website for directions and campsites.

I am working on the contents of the lure package.

• 3 months later...

I know some of you have boats slipped and it would be a bugger to fish this one. I'm offering rides if anyone wants to fish this one with me. My boat will fish 4 people comfortably, and 5 or 6 if we play musical chairs. Heck I'm on my feet 90% of the time anyway. Roger69 and JWheeler have first dibs on fishing this one with me, and JWheeler just may want to fish his rig and try and put the Priority1 down a peg or two.:)

One thing about the Saginaw Bay it's different than fishing over deep water. 3 and 4 foot waves are not a problem most of the time at the deep water ports, but they are spaced a lot closer on the bay. Threes and fours will put most of us back at the dock. Deep water in the bay is 30-45 ft. with most of it being far less.

• 3 weeks later...

P1,

Thank you very much for the invite. Didn't catch this til today. I am planning on fishing out of my rig. Trying to get a few others with boats to join us too. We're excited about this tourny, should be a lot of fun regardless of the fishing. I will just follow you out to your spot:lol:. Just kidding. Going to be me and 2 others out of the Husky Jerk, and like said have sent the info to a few other captains. Hopefully when it is all over with we can have some sort of fish fry or something. Going to try to talk the Mrs. into coming up for the afternoon with the little one for some festivities. Now I must put the boat in a slip at the city launch er' something, cause I sure don't want to trailer it over to the launch one time. Probably sleep on the boat so I don't have to stowe all my gear away for the night, just turn the key and put lines down.

None the less, this is a great opportunity to come over and check out the fabulous walleye fishing on the Bay. Not too mention that the Au Gres area is absolutely beautiful, especially from a boat. I think I've got one on already:lol::lol:

• 1 month later...