my first ont. bear hunt

DIRTY DOG

well i made it back around 7pm last nite 2 days sooner than expected

me and my brother inlaw ,both shot a nice bear in our minds, mine went 238lbs and his was around 225 ,not bad for our first bears

well heres how it went we arived in camp around 2pm on saterday do to some boat trailer problems and our guide lewie told use that he had already went out and checked the baits for the day and all but 1 where hit and that he recomended that we go out fishing and relax for the day and we would start hunting on sunday after noon

sunday morning we went out and checked the baits and all but 1 where hit again i chose to sit in a spot that i could see lots of tracks and you could see that there where MANY bears comeing in , my bro. inlaw sat on the side of a hill near the camp this also had many bears comeing to it

so we came back to camp and had some lunch and talked with some of the guys there about wally fishing and left for our chosen spots around 3pm

i did not have a lot of hope for this nite as the wind was blowing near 30 mph

and around 6:30 i spoted a small coal black spot moveing thought the brush as i turned to look as it was comeing from behind my the small black spot become completely clear and tooked very large at only 15ft away and standing on it hind leges , looking my staight in the eyes and smelling the wind that was blowing staight at him :eek:

i decided to raise my .270 weatherby and shot him square in the chest at point blanc range and he ran about 20 yd and i could here the famous death growl

CAN YOU SAY WHAT A RUSH:eek:

well this is how it went i left my cam. at my bro in laws house last nite so i will put some pics on tomorrow

be the way we fished mon. thu wenday and cought nearly 300 wallys and a lot more pike than that

WHAT A WEEK FOR A CAST AND BLAST:D

IWILL BE BACK TO DO THIS NEXT YEAR:D

terry

WELL HERE IS THE PICS FROM LAST WEEKS CAST AND BLAST AS I PROMISED

octtomarch07044.jpg

THIS IS OF THE RIDE NORTH OF THE SU ON HIGH WAY 17 THE TREES WHERE ALL IN COLER

AND THE NEXT FEW ARE OF THE BIG OLD DUMP BEARS THAT THE GUY AT THE DUMP TOLD USE THAT NEVER LEAVE

octtomarch07023-1.jpg

octtomarch07020-1.jpg

octtomarch07018-1.jpg

THIS IS A PIC OF ARE ALARM CLOCK SWIMMING IN THE LAKE JUST OUT SIDE THE WINDOW

octtomarch07009-1.jpg

AND CAN YOU SAY DINNER IS ON

octtomarch07007-1.jpg

THIS IS ONE OF DANAS BEAR ITS JUST OVER 200LBS

octtomarch07032-1.jpg

AND MINE A LITTLE OVER 230

octtomarch07053.jpg

AND THE SEABARTOIN DINNER

octtomarch07003-1.jpg

O BY THE WAY WE ALSO HAD OUT A TRAP LINE

octtomarch07072.jpg

HERE IS A CROSS FOX THAT WAS KINDA LIKE A PET IN CAMP

octtomarch07071.jpg

AND SOME OF THE FISH WE GOT ON THE LAST DAY

octtomarch07049.jpg

AND DANA WITH A NICE PIKE

octtomarch07068.jpg

WELL THIS WAS SOME OF THE HY LITE OF LAST WEEK HOPE YOU ENJOY

TERRY

that what we said mike, i was hopeing that our guide had some tags in this area but he said that the dump has off limets to every one

terry

Sounds like you needed to set up a bear drive.

I am not sure I would want to be one of the pushers or the person waiting for a charging bear to come at me.

Oh well....next year you can get a bigger one.