Got a chance to fish the Platte Bay this weekend and it was pretty typical. We fished Friday morning and got 4 cohos, all around 6 pounds on green glow J plugs off the dipseys back a 120'. Went Sunday morning from 5 to 8 and didn't even get a bite.

I fished out of my 12 footer Sunday and had a hard time getting out of the rivermouth. I had to get out and pull to get back in. There was a few other boats out of there (up to 16') but I think it's pretty much a "get out and pull" launch at this point. They usually dredge after Labor Day but it's never a for sure thing.

It was a little crazy out there since the Benzie Frenzy Tourney was going on. I was sandwiched in between two 57' footers for awhile...I must have looked like a planer board from way up on the flybridge. Lots of the big boys were running lead and not caring about anyone or anything other than getting their cohos. If there ever was a poor location to pull core, Platte Bay is it.

Lets just say I didn't push him up on the bank...:rolleyes:

If you go out of the river in the dark, you have to watch out for two wing dams that appeared over the summer. There is a big one near the mouth that cuts the river width down to about 8 feet extending from the shore side of the river. I will update any changes and when/if they dredge. I hope we get a good run this fall...I saw a couple fish in the 10 pound range at the cleaning station :)

Yea, we had a guy take a 5 color from us, he got it a little. but it was going on pretty good! One guy asked the boat he just ripped copper from how much it was worth for scrap, and the reply was not as much as your boat! I just cant understand why there are so many people out there that dont give a @#$% about anyone but themselves, i go out of my way to turn off someone or give a little room when needed. The guy who cut me off had already got 2 other pro boats that i know that day. He was so close to one he even got 4 dipseys! He pulls that #$@! again and hes gonna have problems!:butcher::nhl_fight: