Just found this site by dumb luck. Have a 17ft bowrider (big lake fishing or quickly converted to relax or tube with the family) and a 14ft alum. (general fishing, harbor patrol and Muskegon sand docks). Usually just run with two old manual King downriggers and maybe a dipsey or two, depending on riders. I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like - time is limited ( 8 wk and 2.5 yr old daughters), $ is limited (salmon fishing is an expensive sport) and I don't have a large enough freezer for fish. Have done well this year (freezer won't hold much more fish now) and looks like I'll be shooting the bow more now. Hopefully I'll contribute a Muskegon report or two in the next few weeks, otherwise I'll just have to live/fish vicariously through the reports I see on here.

Howdy Hi-Tech,

A warm welcome to you. I fish Lake Huron's Saginaw Bay for Walleye, and a few trips a year over to Lake Michigan for some Salmon. You will like it here.:) I hear you on the cost of fishing. I make a lot of my own lures, and do all my own work on my boat. I'm retired, and have to stretch every dollar.

Frank