Late report out of southhaven from 8/9

Fished southhaven thursday evening. started in 88 ft of water around 5.30 pm. trolled out and did not get our first hit untill 6.30. Wire dipsey with Mt.dew spin doctor and green strong fly 145 back in 111' of water. Nice coho around 9 lb. Best coho Ive taken in along time. Marked a school of bait on the bottom at this depth made a second pass and picked up A nice king on wire with a White and green spin doctor and a chartruse gotcha fly 130' back.

Had four more rips on both the same wire setups and our Rookie got excited and pulled just a little to hard on the rods and I belive he pulled the hooks right out of there mouths. So we ended up 2 for 6 in a little 3 hour evening trip. Spent 4 days overthere and the fishing Really slowed down. Did not fish for silver fish after thursday evening. spent the next two days chasing perch. We caught alot of perch but they were all in the 4 to six inch range and I wont keep them unless they are atleast 8". so we threw all but 6 of the approx 50 we caught. All that I saw at the cleaning station were also small. Dont know what happened to the jumbos.