Muskegon 7/31 Evening

Tuesday evening went 3 for 7. Had a very tough time with keeping them on the hooks!! First time this year for my wife getting out with me and she had a blast. we started at 6:45 pm in 125 fow setting lines. First one to go was a lited J-plug on the rigger 70 down fought for a minute then gone. Next to go was the full lead with kevorkian with a very acrobatic stealhead and after 4 very high jumps GONE!! What a show!! Shortly after that dipsey with white/glow spin doctor/green mirage fly 150 back took off and my wife landed a nice 12lb king:grin:. About 15 minutes went by and the rigger set at 40 feet with blue/green froggy (Dreamweaver) come undone and I mean undone!! Could not hardly get the rod out of the holder and it never did stop screaming line till it surfaced. Jumped 1 time and some how un buttoned the swivel and you know the rest GONE:eek: It was nice to see it jump 1 more time trying to shake the lure:o. Ended the evening with a double header on the dipsey's with a 14 & 15 pounder in the boat:D. Great Evening in Muskegon!!! Posted a pic of my wife with the 100th fish this year in the gallery. Having trouble posting a pic with my post:confused: Also not sure why the other 2 come out black. Mike please delete if you would, Thanks

tourny027.jpg

I addded your wife and her fish to your post. I am not sure why the two pictures uploaded black. Did you take the picture after dark without a flash? :D :D :D j/k

I deleted the two black ones.

There is a post in the general discussin area on how to add a picture to a post.

Nice job on the Salmon Slammin!

Nice report Redeye. With all of these good reports coming from Muskegon I am excited about fishing there this Saturday. This will be my first time out of this port.

Nice job with breaking 100 salmon, that is a lot of fish.

Nice report Redeye. With all of these good reports coming from Muskegon I am excited about fishing there this Saturday. This will be my first time out of this port.

The fishing has been RED HOT out of Muskegon! Most boats are on channel 68. Speaking of boats......Look out for ALL the boats! I think you will see more boats fishing out of Muskegon than most other ports. There are numerous places for them to launch on Muskegon Lake.

You may see the car ferry go in and out, and possible a freighter.