South Haven 7/21 and 7/22

Just got back from south haven yesterday. Due to the cold weather the perch had a little set back, So My wife and I ended up going after silver fish.

Did not get out thursday or friday due to the wind. Sat morning did not hit the water untill 11.00 am. fished untill 2.30 pm and ended up 7 for 9. All kings released the last one. Full core with a bloodynose silver streak was the hot set up. Dream weaver Dolphin on the rigger was also hot. 62' down 30' behind the ball. Stinger Jawbreaker also took a couple of fish on the full core. Flashers and flys slowed for us but we ran them and took a couple of fish on sunday morning. Sunday we ended up with another limit of kings and a bonus laketrout. Same set up. Good numbers were in 25's to the 27's. best depths were betweeen 87' and 110'. Speed was crutial as if we were not going between 2.8 and 3.0 mph we were not getting hits. All fish were stuffed with alwifes. Largest was in the 15 to 20 lb class. all fish were 10lb plus.

My wife has become a great fishing partner. We had two doubles and one tripple. Got bolth the doubles and 2 for 3 on the tripple. No bad for just her and I in the boat. I told her she was finally a fisherwoman.:grin: