size of dipsy's

I use magnum dipsies but have read that many people won't because they don't seem to be as afffective as #1's Anyone have any experience with this. I guess I might try a few to compare since I have such poor luck with flies. I wonder what the difference would be between a mag dipsy w/out a ring or a #1 with a ring. Perhaps that subtle difference pays off in the vibration signature??

We used to use 4 Size 1 divers, 2 on setting 3 and 2 on setting 1 1/2. Last year we started using the Magnum divers as our "low" divers on wire rods. We now use 2 Magnum divers on setting 1 1/2 and 2 Size 1 divers on setting 3 when fishing with flashers and flies only. Otherwise, for example earlier in the year, we still use 4 Size 1 divers when fishing with spoons. We only use the Magnum divers with wire rods and flashers and flies. The Magnum divers are extremely effective for getting down deeper with less line out as the ratio is close to 2:1 instead of 3:1. Hope this helps and good luck!!!

I have always used the #1 Dipsys, with and without the std ring, with great success. I did buy a few of the Monster rings to try on my low divers, when we are marking a lot of deep fish. The Dipsy has been my most productive presentation. Love the Dipsy Hootchie Mamma Squid combo. :)