Wholly Crap

GLF

Wow!! I observe Bald Eagles all the time up here. In the Winter months when things get real quiet up here, I see them on the beaches. They do rule. I never thought they would go for a Deer. You should see the Gulls scatter when a Bald Eagle is around.:)

My wife had a bald eagle come into her clinic. The vet there is the only licensed wildlife vet for a long long ways and specializes in raptors. Anyway, unfortunately for the eagle, it had contracted West Nile virus. One of the symptoms of West Nile is blindness, which may or may not be permanant. The eagle was starved and so weak it could not eat solid food. The vet had to tube feed it soft cat food for weeks. After some time, it finally began eating whole foods again. The eagle regained 'most' of it's vision, but not enough to be released in the wild.

As the eagle slowly got stronger, it developed Vitamin D defficiency and got dizzy and couldn't perch! That was from eating too much salmon in it's diet while at the local rehabber and not being out in the sunshine where its body could make its own vitamin D. So, after some supplements, it made it through a second close call.

The eagle now lives in a bird sanctuary in Missouri. The sanctuary is large enough for the bird to fly and be natural, but safe in the respect that it will always need a human to put half dead mice or other food source out for it.

I got to see it and hold it and those things are amazing. The eagle was just gripping my arm enough to make it able to perch and it's talons pierced my thick leather welding gloves.

Don't know where this was filmed, but, for sure this guy was using the bird as a tool to hunt with.

When you first see him the eagle is perched on his left arm, then at the end of the events, you can hear him yelling for the bird to return.

I don't know about you guys, but, this was a little too Staged for my taste's.