We fished South Haven Tuesday night after work. Fishing was good and consistent.

There was only two of us onboard, so our typical spread was 6 lines; 2 cores(ussually 5 color), 2 dipseys, and 2 out and downs.

We had lines set by ~5:45 pm. In the next hour, we boated two very nice fish over 15lbs. The first came off a white pro-chip flasher with white fly. The second came on a half core with a Fishlander Chipmunk spoon. This spoon has been pretty productive for me this season, although the 17lb king that hit this bent the spoon about 45 degrees out of whack. We kept her bent as a lucky keepsake.:D

The time between those two and about 9pm, we ended up with a 2 man limit in Kings and finished the night 7-10 with one laker being adding to the catch.

All of the fish except for the above mentioned half core fish came on the white pro-chip flasher off the rigger down 45' and the dipsey set on 1.5 back 120' with a blue/white spinny and blue/white 3 fly herring rig.

North/South trolls were most productive. We were getting very good fish marks in the same areas we got hits, which was 80-100fow about 2 miles north of the pier heads.

The surface temp was ~60degrees with the water temp falling to about 50 degrees right around 40' down.

In talking to a couple guys at the ramp, the consensus was that fishing out of South Haven has steadily improved over the last few days with reasonably consistent action.

Get our and fish!:grin:

SWEET. I cant wait to hit the water saturday. I dont know what channel you monitor but ive tried you on 10 with no resopose. I know you by satisfaction Gaurenteed on the site but cant remember your first name.

Ya, the fishing is starting to pick up nicely. The lake is showing signs of seperation, too! I think we're in for a good trip Saturday morning.

I normally monitor channel 10, but every now and then I'll jump to 12 if I have a longish conversation with another boat so I don't tie up the air waves.

We did get somebody trying to get a hold of us last night, but we were fighting a fish and as soon as we got reset, the rod fired again. Then, honestly, I forgot to reply after the excitement :rolleyes:

My first name is Jason, and the boat name and screen name are the same.

cool

We will be out early in the am on saturday. My brother has one of his daughters boy friends who has never been out and are driving from mendon. Were going to give him the initiation and rules of dating my niece. We thought we might take pictures of our gun collection and show him all of our kills in the deer woods and then go over the do's and dont's of courting. :eek:

The wind is suppose to be out of the NW from 5 to 8 so we will probobly head north a little and ride the south troll to start. What were the hot numbers lastnight?

See ya on the water.

I don't recal my gps locations, but we started about two miles north of the pier heads and 80-100fow was most productive.

I'll be on the radio(channel 10), so if you want to help have fun with the new bf, you can call up Queto :eek: I'll reply :D

Unless you were going to show him your 'take the date into a wavy L. MI to see if her top would flip off" trick.........:rolleyes:

Good luck fishing in the morning. It sounds like the fishing has picked up nicely up and down the coast. My intent is to splash the boat at 5:15am, but with two newbies going with me, sometimes there's a little extra time added.

Do you know if that Walmart is open 24hrs? I asked to make sure the two guys going with me stopped at a store today to get 1 day fishing licenses, but I haven't heard if they did. I hope so, but........

Im not sure on that one you might want to give wallmart a call.

What has been the hot rig spoons or flys? I am going to run bolth but not sure if I should start with spoons or flys on the lead core. Alot of guys wont run flashers on core but it has been real productive for me in the past in the summer months. I hate not haveing been makes me doubt myself and ive been doing this since I was a we buck of around 8. Be the big 4 0 this year.:cool:

Flashers/flies were the hot ticket for me on Tuesday night. White and blues tended to perform well. The only spoons I got to fire were off of the half cores. Overall, dipseys and riggers performed best for me.

I did not fish last night, but did stop and talk to one guy at the ramp who said he did well with a blue bubble spinny/fly combo, glow green/white fly off a green spinny, and a blue killer spoon. He was fishing in 60-80fow. I don't remember if he said 6-10 or 8-10. He had 2 or 3 fish at the cleaning station that had very good size to them with a couple of others in the 6-10lb range.

If we get going on a pattern, I'll give ya a shout on the radio.

Good fishin'