At the Launch "Don't waster your money, there's no fish."

Fished St. Joe Saturday for perch and ended up a long afternoon with only twenty keepers. We sat on top of a small school and I would watch the perch come up to my crappie rig and turn away. I guess we weren't using the correct DNR registered minnows.

So Sunday, we decide to put in at New Buffalo to cover some new ground. We roll up to the guy to give him our $12 bucks and he says "Don't waste your money, theres no fish here." I though he was kidding. It was around eleven and he said had been out all morning and was coming in empty handed. He even stopped a guy who was retrieving his boat and asked while I was sitting there, still stunned and the guy looks at me and they only got three perch all day. So, we turned around and headed home.

That was a first.

Starting to read a few good reports for silver fish out of southhaven. July has always been a great month over there for silver fish and perch. They will be here and looking at my log book it is always around the 3 week of july for perch and for kings and steelhead. Have not had the silver one in since May 31. Got her out of the barn yesteday and got it all cleaned and reorganized from a May frenzy of fishing. I even got my wife to voluntarily clean the inside of the boat out. Woo Hooo. Finally getting the itch to go again. Next trip is planned for July 7. See ya on the water.:grin:

Starting to read a few good reports for silver fish out of southhaven. July has always been a great month over there for silver fish and perch. They will be here and looking at my log book it is always around the 3 week of july for perch and for kings and steelhead. Have not had the silver one in since May 31. Got her out of the barn yesteday and got it all cleaned and reorganized from a May frenzy of fishing. I even got my wife to voluntarily clean the inside of the boat out. Woo Hooo. Finally getting the itch to go again. Next trip is planned for July 7. See ya on the water.:grin:

We fished South Haven last weekend and it was slow, but not terrible. Most of the guys at the ramp had a couple fish, but there was at least one boat that came home empty. The perch fishing was slow according to the guys I talked to. We managed a few fish and even got a guy who'd never fished L. MI before a 14.5lb king, so that was fun.

The week before and after the 4th of July normally does okay with the steelhead fishery. Once that happens, the kings normally start to follow.

We'll taking one of my relatives from Kentucky fishing out of South Haven on July 7. We are normally on 10, so if you would like to know how we're doing, give a hollar.

Fish on! :D

Fished St. Joe Saturday for perch and ended up a long afternoon with only twenty keepers. We sat on top of a small school and I would watch the perch come up to my crappie rig and turn away. I guess we weren't using the correct DNR registered minnows.

So Sunday, we decide to put in at New Buffalo to cover some new ground. We roll up to the guy to give him our $12 bucks and he says "Don't waste your money, theres no fish here." I though he was kidding. It was around eleven and he said had been out all morning and was coming in empty handed. He even stopped a guy who was retrieving his boat and asked while I was sitting there, still stunned and the guy looks at me and they only got three perch all day. So, we turned around and headed home.

That was a first.

Ihave an opinion about this. $12.00 bucks is rediculous for starters. If I had my choice I would launch at St. Joe and work my way south fishing. Most of the fishing out of New Buffalo has been to the North anyways. Both Big Fish and Perch. If you have an 18 foot boat or smaller Launch at Bridgman at Weko Beach. Perch Fishing is usually excellant there. You just have to watch the lake, big west winds can be tough on loading your boat since the ramp goes directly into the Lake. $12 Bucks, what a joke....

Thanks for the tips! 99% of the time I launch from St. Joe. For perch, I generally cover from Gene Clock to the Cook Plant. Had to stay near calm waters Sunday since I had a newbie with me and I figured the wind was going to make it choppy out of St. Joe. When they decide to eat, I'll have plenty of practice in.

Here goes, 94 West to Exit 16. Bridgman Exit. Turn left, or North on Red Arrow Hwy. Go about 1 mile to "The Light" Turn left. This is Lake St. Go about a mile until you hit the Ticket Booth. This is a city park. Beautiful Beach and very nice campground. Not sure of the Launch prices, I have not used this launch in quite some time, as my boat is too large to launch here. If you have a roller trailer you are styling. There is metal ramps going into the water. It is pretty deep on the end of the ramps. 3-4 foot. Once you get the boat off the trailer, pull it up to shore and park the truck. Remember if the wind picks up out of the west, to hustle back in. Can get kind of harry trying to load the boat. Waders are a must if the water is cold. But when the lake heats up you can put the boat in with out them. 1 mile from Cook Plant. 2 miles to Warren Dunes. If you are looking for a good place to camp in the summer and hope to do some perch fishing this is the place. I have some buddies who launch here all the time to salmon fish, strait out from Weko Beach. Good Fishing. And No Traffic.......Hope this helps

The launch at Bridgeman isn't much more than a flat sandy area off the paved parking lot to back your boat in the water. Just know that you and your crew will have to walk into the water to get in your boat. I believe the park has placed concrete slabs in the water so your truck doesn't sink, I haven't tried it yet. For me, I have a single axle 19' on a bunk trailer. If the waves are less than 1 foot or so and I have a partner who would stand in the water and hold the boat near the shore while I parked, I'd do it.