lb line

What pound line do you guys like to run on your reels. We used to run twelve about five years ago, the last time we went out. That was mainly because we had smaller reels. Now we have larger reels with more capacity. I'm thinking 20lb because that's what Capt. Ken Neidlinger runs according to his tape, but with as clear as lake michigan is that seems a little heavy. Does 15lb or 17lb sound better. Just not sure.

What pound line do you guys like to run on your reels. We used to run twelve about five years ago, the last time we went out. That was mainly because we had smaller reels. Now we have larger reels with more capacity. I'm thinking 20lb because that's what Capt. Ken Neidlinger runs according to his tape, but with as clear as lake michigan is that seems a little heavy. Does 15lb or 17lb sound better. Just not sure.

10# for Walleye trolling. 25# for Salmon. I would run 20 for Salmon but I got a deal on some 25#. I haven't seen anything negative about the 25# yet. I use 6 or 8 # on my jigging rods.