How heavy of a leader

What lb test do you guys use between a dipsey and fish catcher or dodger? A few years ago we were on a charter and the captian was running 25 or 30 lb main line but a 40 lb leader between fish catchers and main line to keep the twist out of the line.Even ran the rigger rods this way. Just wondered what your thoughts are on it, I have fished with several of you guys but never paid attention to the weight of leaders you ran. I have a spool of 30lb line that I was going to tie some leaders out of and wondered if it was to light.

We usually run 30 lb. between the Dipsy and Flasher from May-July and then 40 lb. between the Dipsy and Flasher from August-September. We always run 20 lb. between the Dipsy and Spoon. The way we keep them straight is we have 8 rigged Divers. 4 for the port and 4 for the starboard, each side with their own color of snubber to keep them straight. 2 of the port/starboard divers are always rigged with 20 lb. and 2 are always rigged with the 30 lb. or 40 lb. That way we always have 4 divers ready for flashers and 4 divers ready for spoons without always having to retie. It is easy to switch presentations by just switching divers.

Captain Jon

I use 30# fireline on the main line and 20# behind the dipsy. Never had a fish break off yet but I am going back to using snubbers cause I would loose fish if we did'nt get to the rod quick enough. With that fireline there is no strech so I think that the hook was being riped out of the fish's mouth.