Fished from 5pm till 9pm on Fri and went 2 for 3. Ran about 4 miles south, to troll with the waves, and set up in about 12fow. First line out was a 2 core lead setup with a small 2" black and white spoon that I have no idea who makes it or where I got it from but it turned out to be my top producing set up. Just got that line set and reached for another rod to set and the first one went off. Lost that fish taking the inline board off.:( Trolled the 4 miles back to the pier heads and never hit another fish untill 1/4 mile from the pier and that fish came on the same core set up. Got that fish to the boat and another rod went off. I cant recall what that fish came on but we did manage to bring it to the boat. Darkness was setting in so we called it a night after that fish. Both fish were browns in the 3-5lbs range:)

Sat 5/19 was on the water by 8:30am and ran the 12-13 miles south to Big Sable Point. Set up in 10fow on a north troll and had lines set by 9:30ish. Trolled up to Gurny Creek and went 5 for 5. All browns, smallest was 3lbs and biggest was 7lbs. Three fish came on the 2 core led set up and one fish came on a green alwife spoon behind one of those tiny dipsy that are the size of a golf ball with 60' of line out. Last fish came on a pink alwife on the rigger 3' down with 100' behind the ball.

All in all it was a good shake down trip with fish to boot....:grin:

Lost that fish taking the inline board off.:(

That happens to me more often than I'd like, too. In particular, if the water is little choppy where the core is rising and falling in the water, than I only normally land about half the fish on my core rods. Smoother seas don't show the problem nearly as bad.

Anybody else experience this issue?

Thanks for the report!

Steve,

I saw one set of nets on Sat when I ran down to the point and they were straight out from the point. Other than that I did not see any others but I never went out deeper than 60fow. My buddy was out there to and he went out deep but he said he never seen any either. I sure hope they are marked well when they get them out there.:eek:

Nick,

Yea I heard about your misfortune and I hope it gets fixed soon so you can get out there. Where do you mainly fish out of? We need to gang up on them fishy's sometime.:)

Matt,

Hopefully I'll have the boat back by this weekend, but with gas going up I might take the weekend off.(Gasman told my GF that it was going to be $4 by the weekend) I will be fishing mostly out of Muskegon this year except for when I leave from work, then I fish farther south. (South Haven, Holland) But I'm always up for a road trip. We will definitely have to team up and slaughter the fishes sometime. I won't be able to go the first 2 weekends in June because of my friends bachelor party and wedding but will be out every chance I get after that.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...