Holland and 7/31 am solo

Morning started out nicely with a 13 lb king at 6:40 am, high diver back 205 ft, Shelly snack moonshine spoon, 98 fow.

That was my last hit until 9:30 am when I pulled lines.

I did manage to throw a meat rig in without attaching it to my rigger line. Alas, I pulled in my diver a half an hour later to change presentations and there was my meat rig hooked up on the diver. What are the chances?

IMG_6278.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

• Like 4

Been there and I will try to make this a quick story.  Back when I lived in IL, fished a tournament in Racine (and back when entry prices were modest).  Pre fished Friday morning.  Crew was Janet (wife, best friend and great fisher person) and one of my best friends Ben - we were a three boat crew.  That morning, the alarm clock rig hit a couple of big fish on a 1-set dipsey before sun up.  We set that set-up a side for Tournament Saturday morning.  Saturday comes, we come off a plane and begin to set up in the dark, Janet and Ben are setting lines on the port side, I and working starboard.  The alarm clock rig goes out on the port side - then I hear where is it.  Evidently, it was thrown over the side, dipsey, paddle and fly without it hooked up to the rod.  The go to presentation was gone.  So I rigged up another set up from my back up gear as quickly as possible, handed it to both of them and with a straight face let out, "just throw this over board too" (I go by capt. Dick and this was a stellar moment).  There was silence on the boat . . . . for a long time I might add.  OK, that was me being a d&%K at my worst.  But today, we laugh are butts off at that now because of the whole moment, me being me, and how fun it is to look back at miss adventures.

• Like 3

Been there and I will try to make this a quick story.  Back when I lived in IL, fished a tournament in Racine (and back when entry prices were modest).  Pre fished Friday morning.  Crew was Janet (wife, best friend and great fisher person) and one of my best friends Ben - we were a three boat crew.  That morning, the alarm clock rig hit a couple of big fish on a 1-set dipsey before sun up.  We set that set-up a side for Tournament Saturday morning.  Saturday comes, we come off a plane and begin to set up in the dark, Janet and Ben are setting lines on the port side, I and working starboard.  The alarm clock rig goes out on the port side - then I hear where is it.  Evidently, it was thrown over the side, dipsey, paddle and fly without it hooked up to the rod.  The go to presentation was gone.  So I rigged up another set up from my back up gear as quickly as possible, handed it to both of them and with a straight face let out, "just throw this over board too" (I go by capt. Dick and this was a stellar moment).  There was silence on the boat . . . . for a long time I might add.  OK, that was me being a d&%K at my worst.  But today, we laugh are butts off at that now because of the whole moment, me being me, and how fun it is to look back at miss adventures.

Haha!

There's fixed sliders
Free sliders
And super free sliders where you don't even bother to hook it to the rigger before throwing it over...

Lol. I seem to find all the ways to do dumb things!