Normally I don't  fish the weekends and I knew the wind was going to produce  a 3 ft chop by just reading the bouy information.  So like any good fisherman would say,  the weather is "perfect." GOT TO GO!

I put my order in for a large king to be picked up at 8:55 am in 99 fow. Promptly launched my boat headed out and picked it up at the Lake Michigan drive thru window.

One 23lb-6oz 37" long king (personal solo best) on Craig's flounder,  50ft down, 60 ft back on rigger, east troll, 2.5sog, ball temp 48, surface temp 68. 1 for 1.

The waves were quite choppy. But I left a tip.1705743954_2019-08-2413_17_27.thumb.jpeg.6a35bed12521adeadd4ce4cdd0a684b6.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

When I looked back and saw my rod tip go up, I noticed my line wasn't behind the boat but far to the outside of my 230 cu. So I carefully maneuvered the fish under the cu rod line which was further back. The fish still caught half of the copper line and I had a little bit of a tangle in my net which I cleared once I got the fish on board. The hook fell out of her mouth when she hit the deck. When I netted the fish I used the transom as a fulcrum for balance until I could get better handle on it to pull the fish in.

• Like 2

When I looked back and saw my rod tip go up, I noticed my line wasn't behind the boat but far to the outside of my 230 cu. So I carefully maneuvered the fish under the cu rod line which was further back. The fish still caught half of the copper line and I had a little bit of a tangle in my net which I cleared once I got the fish on board. The hook fell out of her mouth when she hit the deck. When I netted the fish I used the transom as a fulcrum for balance until I could get better handle on it to pull the fish in.

Nice King...we were finishing cleaning our fish as you showed up at the fish cleaning station...we caught a 22# King that morning 33 down off a down rigger on a Moonshine Magnum Flounder Pounder IMG_1270.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App
  • Like 2