Grand Haven 9/2 a.m.

Grand Haven 9/2 a.m.

Lines in the water before 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning just a touch north of the pier within the flotilla of boats.

Had to be 75+ boats out there by then.  Washed plugs, Flasher Fly combo and glow spoons without a bump all morning!

Didn't see a net come out and the radio was VERY quiet..worked out to 110 fow, not marking much, so trolled back into 50' before surrendering at 9:45 to my first skunk of the year.

• Like 3

Sounds about identical to my morning as well except we were out of holland. We had one on for a moment on a diver in 70fow but he shook it
We called it quits at 10:30 and decided we had a nice boat ride and a lot of washed tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

Same thing with me. I fished in front of grand haven until 10:30. I thought for sure with the water cooling off a little there would be at least something in there. Doesn't make any sense. I didn't get even a bump and only marked a few. I only saw one other boat net a fish.

Same thing with me. I fished in front of grand haven until 10:30. I thought for sure with the water cooling off a little there would be at least something in there. Doesn't make any sense. I didn't get even a bump and only marked a few. I only saw one other boat net a fish.

IMG_2722.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

There were schools of coho in 10-20 fow south of the piers.  I went 1-2 casting for them from the boat.  Water was warm but the fish were in there.  There I would expect there to be ore though with the cold water.

• Like 1