Grand Rapids Sport Show

caznik

Hi Member's

What a great time I had at the fishing show Saturday. First thing Trout tracker and I went to Big Boys on Pearl St. and had breakfast with John Williams from big Jon at 7:00am, man I had to get up at 5am to get there on time. I don't ever think I got up that early to just get breakfast and not go fishing. But it was a great time talking to John and learning stuff about big jon downriggers. Then after John left Larry and I waited for the rest of the guys. Sixshooter, severus, Oakley, and catfishogge met us there and they had breakfast while we was talking to them. Then around 9am Larry and I went to the show. Man there was tons of fishing stuff there. I ended up getting two Big Jon Captain pak riggers, a takle box to hold my spoons, six stinger lure's, and six fishlander lure's. I met Rob and Terry from stinger, Shane from Dreamweaver, The Berts rod holders guys, Ryan from Fishlander, and the offshore gang. These guys I all thank for all there donations to the West Michigan Fishing League. I didn't get out of there till after 12:30, just because I started looking at the new Lund fishing boats. Man I found the boat I really want now, but my wife told me no way. :mad:

Well what you guys get,

Rich

I didn't get out of there till after 12:30, just because I started looking at the new Lund fishing boats. Man I found the boat I really want now, but my wife told me no way. :mad:

Well what you guys get,

Rich

I wasn't originally planning on going due to other committments, but as it turns out, my wife said, "let's go!"

Some of those new Lunds are SWEET! I was looking at them, too. I love all of the floorspace and flexibility on those Gransports and Tyees. I could easily see myself in one them.

After working on my boat this weekend, it'd be awefully tough to give her up though. Plus, she's mine free and clear and has always treated me right. I can see myself sticking with my current boat for a good long time.

I was careful not to over-spend at the show, but ended up a pair of Bert's rod holders to compliment the ones I already have, 4 stinger spoons and 4 fishlander spoons.

I'm really anxious to be on the lake now!

There was alot less salmon and trout fishing gear than there was the previous year. alot less terminal. and alot more green carp stuff. was kind of disappointing from the salomon and trout end but on the upside the taxadermy mounts were awsome.

Yes the taxidermy rocked! Too bad my Grandsons were so preoccupied with rock wall, fishing simulator, and all the goodies to eat!

I bought a few things I needed and talked briefly to a few members of a couple other sites, a couple vendors, and a few of my pro buds but again I couldn't keep an 8 and 3 year old under control long enough to visit like I wanted. Oh well, the three of us still had a blast.

And to watch my oldest Grandson almost make the top of the wall was quite moving for me. He has undergone 4 open heart surgeries between the ripe old ages of 1 day and 3 1/2 years old with less than 10% chance of survival each time. He is a true miracle and will be a fine outdoorsman one day. :)

I have to comment here just cause..

I couldn't keep an 8 and 3 year old under control long enough to visit like I wanted.

And to watch my oldest Grandson almost make the top of the wall was quite moving for me.

He has undergone 4 open heart surgeries between the ripe old ages of 1 day and 3 1/2 years old with less than 10% chance of survival each time.

He is a true miracle and will be a fine outdoorsman one day. :)

My 5 year old is good for about 45minutes when it comes to me visiting.

Sound about right?

And as for your grandson....

He's a miracle now and a better outdoorsman then I'll ever be,

I'm a complete sissy when it comes to climbing pretty much anything other then a treestand....for some reason I have no problem here!

My hats off to him and you and yours!

Tim

I worked Thursday and Sunday in the MiStinger booth. I met several members from the site. Hitman, Lion Den, Tinman5, tangled mess, smalls, and several others. I also passed out over 250 buisness cards for the site.

I did not spend any money at the show this year. :eek: Not that I didn't want to. We are leaving for Las Vegas this Thursday, and will not be back until Tuesday. I had to make sure I had enough money to play :D