Tough night many bugs. 1 small king caught and released. Water with many isolated cold spots/columns. 135-176 depth, should have gone shallower. Caught king on white spoon with blue ladder 300 copper 32#, 2.5 sog, s troll

Took a couple cousins fishing tonight - and the two girls did great for a slow night on the water with a lot of flies! Fished for about 3 hours. Marked lots of fish from 100 - 60 fow towards the end of the night. Ended the night with 1.5 for 2 with a coho? and a king in 75 fow. Back to back on the fish on a free slider with a flounder pounder on a rigger set at 35 ft. The first fish was about 2-3 pounds and I shook it loose right at the back of the boat as I attempted to pull it over the transom. The second put up a bit more of a fight - a nice king about 10 lbs. Packed it in after catching the fish.

I wasn't really too concerned with trying to do well tonight, but a few things I noticed to keep in mind for other trips:

1st: The flasher-flies were seemed to be bringing fish into the spread, but they were just coming up and looking quickly before diving back down to the deep. Should have probably just run 1 diver instead of 3. Should have ran more long lines - 5 instead of 3.

2nd: I over-ran the fish again. I was pretty sure I would find some fish out deeper, but there is a good pocket of cold water set up in the 60 to 100 fow area - and had the most fish in it.

3rd: I didn't get to play with speed very much because I was in search mode most of the night - trying to get to good water. It seems to work a little better to keep playing with the speed of the boat to find the best speed - and the changes in speed seem to trigger strikes often.