There are a few fish in the detour area Dave, the reports I'm getting are Lakers and Steelhead, I'm sure there are Atlantic's around also its just a matter of finding them, things are just starting to pick up, we still had ice coming down the river 3 weeks ago, find the warmer water and you'll find fish most days. This time of year all the fish are in the top 30 to 40 FOW, boards and lead core, riggers with free sliders. This is the time of year we run all the rods I can. Weather permitting we will be fishing there Fri-Sat this week. Halcyon is the boat name we ride channel 68. Also Think Bankers hours for fishing this time of year.. John

There are a few fish in the detour area Dave, the reports I'm getting are Lakers and Steelhead, I'm sure there are Atlantic's around also its just a matter of finding them, things are just starting to pick up, we still had ice coming down the river 3 weeks ago, find the warmer water and you'll find fish most days. This time of year all the fish are in the top 30 to 40 FOW, boards and lead core, riggers with free sliders. This is the time of year we run all the rods I can. Weather permitting we will be fishing there Fri-Sat this week. Halcyon is the boat name we ride channel 68. Also Think Bankers hours for fishing this time of year.. John

John, nice to here from you again. Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm headed to Drummond Island Sunday.  Any tips for launching into the Detour passage or fishing in the area would be very appreciated.  I've always focused on Walleye, but I'd like the opportunity to put a new species in the boat.  

Thanks in advance!

Gary