daiwa sealine sg17lc3b reels

couldn't find a hot deals forum so i'll post this hot buy here.

I found these reels on ebay for 86.88 with free shipping. this is a great buy for someone wanting to upgrade or someone just starting out. these are a great mid range reel that normally sells for around 109.00.

That is a deal and may work out fine for most walleye fishermen that run a few lines.

I had a couple of the 17s but later opted for the 27s. The 17s are a nice compact reel and I liked that for storage and feel. In the boat running boards I found that the small reel had one drawback, and this may not be a factor for all fishermen. The smaller spool diameter brought in less line per crank. Bringing outside boards across the others was difficult because of the slow retrieve. The 27s have the same spool diameter as the 47s and thus the same retrieve rate. Of course the 27s are not as wide as the 47s and holds less line because of the width. If you are a serious walleye planer board fisherman I'd spend a little more and get the 27s. If you only run a few lines anyway the

17s will do you fine.

I have 16 of the 27s and usually deploy 12 of them if the conditions and crew will allow it. :)

That is a deal and may work out fine for most walleye fishermen that run a few lines.

I had a couple of the 17s but later opted for the 27s. The 17s are a nice compact reel and I liked that for storage and feel. In the boat running boards I found that the small reel had one drawback, and this may not be a factor for all fishermen. The smaller spool diameter brought in less line per crank. Bringing outside boards across the others was difficult because of the slow retrieve. The 27s have the same spool diameter as the 47s and thus the same retrieve rate. Of course the 27s are not as wide as the 47s and holds less line because of the width. If you are a serious walleye planer board fisherman I'd spend a little more and get the 27s. If you only run a few lines anyway the

17s will do you fine.

I have 16 of the 27s and usually deploy 12 of them if the conditions and crew will allow it. :)

hey frank

good of you to chime in. the 27's has a 4.2 to 1 gear ratio and the 17's has a 5 to one gear ratio so the 17 should be plenty fast enough to bring in boards. but I use my 17's for divers and downriggers and flat lining so I couldn't swears the 5 to 1 ratio would work just as good as the 27's with the 4.2 ratio. the 17's has worked great for me and I love the small size for fishing kids and women on my boat. they just fit the hands better.

sherman

Although smaller the 17 size retrieves 24.8" per handle turn compared to 24.4 on the 27. Spooled with braid the 17 should be a good reel for planer board walleye trolling.

thanks for chiming in ryan. I didn't know just how much line was reeled in per crank on either reel. and what I did was switch out the paddle handle for a power handle. the power handle for the 27 and the 47 will fit the 17. I found the power handle on line for 9.99 each but I don't remember what site I was on. but you can contact tuna toms and usually get a better price on more than one handle.

sherman