Ludington "Delta"?

Here's an excerpt from Captain Chuck's report. First time I've heard of Delta and "The Horn". Anybody know what it means?

Sept 8, 2014

Offshore fishing is good. 39's-44's, 54's-59's. North and south sides of the delta which nicknamed the Horn straight out of Ludington Harbor is holding great numbers of fish and bait. Captain Chuck's

Here's an excerpt from Captain Chuck's report. First time I've heard of Delta and "The Horn". Anybody know what it means?

If you follow the depth contours, let's use the 100' break, it is near shore at Big Pt. Sable, runs SW to due west of the harbor to maybe about 5 miles offshore, then back SE to a couple miles off the Project. That, in effect, is a river delta. The horn is a term that I never heard used in the 15 years I spent there.

Dennis if you look at a chart of Ludington you will see a finger like bottom contour that projects out into deep water just about straight out of the harbor into deep ware. It forms dish like depressions to the north and south of it.

I have heard to it refered to as the horn for ages.

Fishy1, or anyone else, can you post a link of the chart for this Delta/Horn? I think someone at Chuck's sounds too technical for me. I've never heard these terms used since I started in 1983, but these days, everyone is nicknaming something, or abbreviating with initials. This area covers about 10-12 nautical miles along the shoreline, quite a span of water.

The horn as we have always called it is the ledge between the two areas that are circle on the chart. It is a ridge that protrudes out as you take a westerly course out of the harbor. It creates a lot of current deflection with north and south winds being the most pronounced.