Moore Sub-Troll on Cannon Mag 10

Has anyone ran coated cable and a Moore Subtroll on a Mag 10 STX? I've been asking Cannon and Moore for their input and neither wants to give much of a clear answer. I've read auto-stop will have issues with coated cable, but I'm also nervous that the speed/torque of the Mag10STX is going to have problems with coated cable. Flip side is I've already heard the sub troll will work with regular cable. Anyone have experience here?

No problems running Subtroll on coated cable with high speed downriggers except if the cable gets too nicked up. Then you start losing signal and can't get readings as deep. Put new cable on last fall and have been getting readings 120-150 feet deep all season.

I have had the same concerns. So far I have kept my coated cable on my older slower mag 10. though I am itching to pick up a 10 STX as well.

I will be watching this post to see more responses. Also curious if any one has had any issues with the new model.

Good luck and tight lines.

I have a depth rader wich uses a coated cable on my Cannon mag 5 HS riggers and have never had a issue with the auto stops. But as stated, if the cable is nicked to much you will loose signal.

Does the Mag 5 use the same auto stop as the mag 10 STX? I'm assuming it's the newer model?