Headed out of Holland yesterday morning for what I was hoping would be the first non-problematic trip of the year. It was and we cought some fish as well. Unfortunately, due to some issues with a child at home on Tues night, I did not see the reports of fish in shallower, so we headed out to 100ft of water before setting lines. Headed west and hit our first fish in 150foot on a 150 copper. Turned south and worked the 150-160 foot of water range as that was where we seemed to be hitting fish and marking fish. Picked away thru the day going 8 for 10. Had 3 -13 pounders and an 18 pounder in the mix. One of the lost fish was a big one as well. Final total was 1-coho, 1-steelhead and 6 kings. Just about everything seemed to be working for us.

150 copper took 3 hits

200 copper took 2 hits

3 color core took the biggest king

mag dipsy with green spinnie and green fly on 1 setting 65 out took one

mag dipsy with white spinny and white fly on 1 setting 75 out took one

Regular dipsy on 3 setting out 85 took 1

250 copper took 1 as well.

Spoon selection was pretty much everything that has been mentioned in threads all week.

Sounds like a great morning to me. 18lb is about as big of a fish as I've heard of so far out of that area

It was a great morning. I know a few of the reports are of fish in shallower under the warmer water, but I saw A LOT of BIG hooks on the graph threw the morning. We were in the COLD water the whole time. 41-44 degrees on the surface. Temp break on the surface was around 135 yesterday. When it dropped, it dropped fast. Never ventured out of the water because of the fish we were marking and the somewhat consistent picking away action we were having.

Also, 2 of the fish we caught had adipose fin clips most likely having coded wire tags in them. First for me to catch.

Also, 2 of the fish we caught had adipose fin clips most likely having coded wire tags in them. First for me to catch.

I had 4 clips on monday, but there was no info sheets in the freezer at the cleaning station. Cmon Dnr....