Manistee memorial weekend

I have been hoping to see a few reports from Manistee. I will be up there this weekend to try it. I have never fished Manistee before the end of august. when the fish are in close. This time of year are the fish off shore or are there any trout in close.

Thanks

depends on water temp, if the forecast holds it should be a pretty good weekend weather and fishing wise. word is some browns being cought along the beach with some kings here and there. onekama tourny and holiday weekend with good weather will give you lots of company maybe you can find someone to share info with good luck and post how it goes.

I fished north of big sable point towards gurney creek Weds and ended up 3 for 6 all kings.I lost 2 15 pd plus fish after they decided to run under the only other board I had out, its hard to control the bigger kings when using 9 foot ugly sticks and 12 pd test line but had a blast for the few hours I got to fish.

Browns and kings are still in less than 30 feet rapalas were my best, plan to be out again this weekend in my little boat.