Bluegill Lakes for Mid Michigan

ive never fished it in the winter but we did really well out of the boat this past fall on Gull lake its located east of plainwell about 8 or ten miles.my wife and i would usually bring home 20 - 25 nice hand size gills each time we went. could have more but we like to take just what we eat right away

Hitman

There is Sleepy Hollow north east of there. Lake interstate and Alliance are south west right off I 69 by Potterville. A little further south is Narrow Lake and Duck Lake. I know they are fishing Narrow but it is a long walk back across the feild. Not sure is Sleepy Hollow, Lake Interstate and Alliance has enough ice or not

HitMan

I have not heard anything about Lake Interstate and Alliance. They were getting limits on the narrows at Narrow Lake but the reports I got yesterday and this morning the action has slowed way down. They have been catching small pike on Duck, haven't heard anybody doing good on the gills or perch yet. The ice on Duck is safe but watch where you go, you might find a thin spot. Also got good reports of nice gills coming off Silver Lake, it's a few miles south of Narrow. Thanks to some inconsiderate slobs though you can no longer drive back to the camp grounds and park so it's another long walk across the feild.

I managed to make it to Lake of the Woods yesterday afternoon for about 3 hours. Some guys were doing way better than me pulling their 25 fish limits and leaving. I only managed 18 keepers, but they were all nice fish. It depended a lot on location and the presentation you had and they were not very aggresive.