Sunrise at the Holland Piers

coralee

What's the problem Robert. That ship you run should be able to break through a little slush. Optimism certainly isn't one of your weaknesses. Not sure how close that corner actually is. We're usually looking at last ice conditions this time of year. Still looks like the first of February. Measured the snow on the lawn today. Still have nearly 12" in the non-drifted areas.

Interesting article in the Detroit Free Press today about the owner of Cherry Republic and a group that hiked recently from Leland to North Manitou Island. Guess last time it was done was about 1960. I'd post it but that's probably copyright infringement. Interesting article about the trek.

Jim , I'm just having a temper tantrum that's all , you know withy broken toes and sore back I'm gettin a lil bitchy , but me and the wife are going to west michigan next weekend for a looksie at the boat and some indoor hotel mattress wrestling . That should do it for the spring fever for a little while.

Jim , I'm just having a temper tantrum that's all , you know withy broken toes and sore back I'm gettin a lil bitchy , but me and the wife are going to west michigan next weekend for a looksie at the boat and some indoor hotel mattress wrestling. That should do it for the spring fever for a little while.

TMI :grin:

Just read the article in the Free Press about the trek to South Manitou Island in March. I was surprised because I had been in Glenn Arbor in Feb when an East wind blew the ice out of the bay. Looks like it froze again. Tired of winter ready for the big lake with out ice.