Chris Craft 332 Commander w/trailer/spare engine.

I just bought a 316 commander last summer great boat. If you don't mind putting fuel in a big boat, the Commander is awesome. Mine has twin 7.3l Mercruiser inboards with velvet shift and is a beast in heavy weather, really stable platform in up to 4' waves. Be sure to get a good auto pilot and enjoy the Commander experience.

Ed, we are planning on motoring up to Ludville this summer need a slip and a hotel any suggestions.

Hi Mike, thanks for the input on Commanders. They are awesome boats, but yes, the pocketbook hurts when you fill her up these days. 454 big block Mercs are hard on gas mileage. I've got dockage, depending on the time of summer. The first couple of weeks of August is surely a cluster. As for motels, Snyders Shoreline overlooks the channel, but is very high priced. The Nova and Vista-Villa are nice, and cater to fishermen, and are reasonable, but not on the channel. PM me for any details you want to pursue. I've got an older Benmar AP that serves me well for fishing and cruising, it's a valuable tool in all respects. Here's a couple of pics. of the cockpit dockside. Thanks.

post-3084-14498787755663_thumb.jpg

post-3084-14498787755781_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Boat is still for sale and would entertain any reasonable offers. The Loadmaster trailer has less than 50 miles on it, and costs $22K to replace. The spare rebuilt engine is also worth $4K. I've reduced price to $25K for quick sale. Many electronics and safety features go with it too. A very sturdy and big platform for fishing. No disappointments. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...