Downer year!!!!!!

Boltman

Well this year, I can't say much about except that it SUCKED... for Fishing for Us at least on Lake Michigan. Not many weekends were available to us for getting out on Beautiful Lake Michigan...once we did, Fish really weren't slammin, yeah I know Rookie here, but what they Hell, we did catch 4 feesh.. and I'm ok with that, we've got a little more time to get out there yet this year and we will certainly get out there as much as I possibly.

I know some of you didn't do so well either out there, so there's always next year, and What the hell I have two NEW copper setups to Dream about using....I'm hoping to get them out there this year yet, just to play with them a little bit, get them outside the boat and back....

Tight lines everyone...

Guys, I know it may be boring, but take a look at www.ambiancestravels.blogspot.com You can see what we've done and where we've been on land and Sea...It's been fun

It was just the year. We also had a tough year over here on Lake Ontario. The weather subtracted a few days from the few we had scheduled and the fishing only was good a couple of days for us. As you said, there is always next year and this will only make us want it more.

Good luck next year and tight lines.

Central Lake Michigan was off this year for sure. The fishing was lousy April, May, and June, plus most of July. Later July and August saw fewer numbers than most years, but better quality, with heavier fish being caught day in and out, that's the best news. Strong underwater currents were pushing the fish in differing directions, and the wind shifted directions daily, and more all the time. Given the fact 13 is known to be an unlucky number, perhaps that also adds to the mix. Ludington is still taking upper 20's and 30's with cold water out front of the piers again. I did hear the PM River fishing is outstanding right now too.

It was a tough year for sure. Had a weeks vacation in May and nothing but constant northeast wind for days on end. Had 4th of July week off. Same thing. Cold, cold, cold temp'.s. Caught some fish but had to work our butts off with hours between action. And you better not miss it because you might not get another chance. Us weekend warriors that can't get out a lot and stay on fish and follow the bite were pretty much hit and miss.

But you have to be somewhat philosophical about it.... at least we were lucky enough to get out and enjoy Lake Michigan with family and friends. Which makes me feel blessed in many ways. Not everybody is as fortunate.

Boltman, looks like you've had a heck of a time this summer! That's a sweet rig! Looks like you're living the dream.

The fishing will come with time, as I've found experience is the best teacher, and that takes time.

• 1 month later...

Life is Good and work at my business has been spectacular...Bills are all paid and now we're saving for retirement, lost what I had saved up in 2001 in a 2.5 year long Divorce, but I got my Girls so the fight was worth it...

Now remarried and this wife is awesome, she drives the boat while I fish all the while yelling at me as if we're on Deadliest Catch....I love it...

And when i say she drive, she now just hits the AP and well it's on.....unless the blow is on and then the AP doesn't hold coarse very well.

All and All, it's a good life, we just have to figure out White hall, Damn thats a tough area to Fish.. now I have boards and copper lines, going to extend the presentation and maybe add some Meat Rigs....This spring We're going to try to killem on there...Hopefully then we'll have a full freezer