Never Saw This Before

EdB

Quite the day at the office today. They say the NCAA tourney causes a lot of lost productivity in many companies. The wildlife near our office slowed things down a lot today. It started off with a red tail hawk taking out a rabbit on the front lawn. He was eating him on the grass just outside the cafeteria window. A steady parade of people were checking it out. Then a turkey buzzard landed in the tree above him and ended up on the grass waiting his turn. The hawk left and buzzard took over. A half hour later, the hawk came back and drove the buzzard off the kill. The hawk left and buzzard got back to his meal. The parade of spectators continued. Then the squirrel showed up. I missed this part but my buddy had a good view. The squirrel started running tight circles around the buzzard trying to drive him off. The buzzard raised up and flared his wings a couple times to keep the squirrel at bay. Not sure when the buzzard left but when I went out for lunch, the squirrel was on the rabbit eating him. I stopped the truck to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. The squirrel was eating him! After lunch, my buddy comes by office to tell me he saw the squirrel eating the rabbit so at least I have another witness. Must be a hard winter for him, never seen that happen before. When the day was done, the rabbit was gone.

Maybe the squirrel was like my dog who loves rabbit (nuggets) and the squirrel was just eating them from the inside before they gat dropped.:grin: We have lots of rabbits in the yard every night and the dog is like a vacuum in the morning sucking up the marbles.