Northern Oakland County

Had the pleasure to be invited to a private lake, that one of my partners at the office lives on, to fish. We fished it about a month ago, and had good action.

I made my way to the same spot from a month ago, and one hole drilled and I was putting fish on the ice.

Had a fun day of fishing with the guys from the office that are just getting started.

I put my limit of gills on the ice, most came on waxies on a blue halis and the rest came on a yellow / orange tear drop.

As the morning bite tapered off I put the vex back to use. What I saw was that the fish were there, but not as active. I brought my lures up from close to the bottom, up off the bottom 5-6', only in 10 fow. Shortly after doing this the screen lit up from the top down. They were biting light, but with a fast hand I continued to put them on the ice.

Good weather, good fishing.

Now we'll see what this warm up does to the ice, hopefully it will stick around for a bit.

Good luck & be safe out there :thumb:

Ill try to have mother nature send some down, im getting tried of drilling threw 12-14 inches for one hole.:lol::lol:

7-10" on this ice. I was happy to have the power auger making swiss cheese of the ice, as I know my lazy bones would get tired out drilling by hand.....

Nice job Jason! We have minimal ice on our lake west of you. Been 2-4 inches all season, just when I start thinking of putting my shanty out, it warms up and we lose a couple inches. Looks like it won't happen this winter.

Nice job Jason! We have minimal ice on our lake west of you. Been 2-4 inches all season, just when I start thinking of putting my shanty out, it warms up and we lose a couple inches. Looks like it won't happen this winter.

I took the snowmobile with me, which was fine with that kind of ice. But with this 2nd warm up, next time I'll be on foot and spudding about until I have a good idea how the ice is. It sure has been a crazy winter AGAIN. There is another lake SW of me that I really want to get on for the crappie, but I'm reluctant as it's deep and there is a stream that flows into it.