Ludington end of our season.

EdB

I never posted the end of our Labor Day weekend due to some computer problems I had. Here it is and my end of season report.

We got 8 on Sunday trolling the bank. We had great action, just couldn't get them to the boat. We lost a lot more than we landed. We had some silver immature fish mixed in with the adults. This was Scott's first time salmon fishing and we had a good time showing him a good time.

564335_10152081159725290_762250635_n.jpg

Had another first time angler on Sunday. Hope had sore arms when we got done. She had a blast. We fished the bank north of the stick to keep away from the crowds. We quit at 10:30 to wrap up some Labor Day plans. Plugs ruled the last couple trips.

ludington_labor_day_2012.jpg

I skipped a weekend due to winds and got back to fishing this past weekend. Left the pier head Saturday for the 36 line and planned to troll west from there. Got out to about 175ft of water and the boat died. East wind was blowing good but I had enough anchor line to drag bottom along with a drift bag off the bow. Got in contact with some buddies for a tow if needed but wanted to work on her for awhile. Went through some diagnostics, no spark out of the coil. I pulled out one from the cabin to replace it. I keep a lot of spare parts on the boat ;)

The new coil got her fired up but I had second thoughts on fishing out farther west with the east wind starting to rip. We pointed her east and set up to fish the pier heads well after sun up. Worked that for a couple hours. No hits and not marking many fish. We pulled some longer lines and took a pass into PM Lake around 10:30AM. Stayed for a hour. We marked a lot more fish but never saw a fish hit by the many boats in there, including us. I spoke with a couple charters fishing in there and they had 8 and 4 each fishing the lake since early in the morning. The bite in there was early.

We headed to the docks with our first skunk of the season and for a few years. It was windy Sunday and none of us felt like fishing PM Lake. Packed up the boat and brought her home for the winter. It was a weak ending for us to one of the most awesome seasons on Lake Michigan in 2012. I'm going to look back on a lot of good memories. I still may get out once or twice with some friends and I'll keep everyone posted if I do. From here to December, I'll be hunting most of my spare time. Good Luck!

• 4 months later...

Thanks Ed but I don't slip my boat, I keep her on the trailer at my place at Tamarac Village at Hamlin Lake. If I did, it would be at your place for sure and I recommend it to anyone I know visiting Ludington. I stopped by a couple times last year to say hi but both times were rainy days and your office was closed. Wasn't any boating activity those days so no point working in the office watching it rain. I'll be sure to stop by on a better day this year.