Albright knot???

It has been a while since I have needed to tie an Albright, so I went out to lookup how to do it on the web. I found two good "how to" demonstrations on YouTube (below) but they are slightly different with the second one being more complex. Which one is the preferred way to do it and is the easier way (top video) equivalent to the complex (bottom video) one?

The second one has twice as many wraps around the thicker line but also has the thin line wrapping on itself which in most knots is a no-no as it will cut itself.

I have been tying the single albright on my coppers all year with no breakoffs.

Mono backer to copper, and copper to floro leader. It's not easy to tie the copper in an improved. Tough to get it to bend and tighten that way, but I can see where it would work with braid to mono.

Oh, and to answer your question, we leave them. We don't tie a lock knot.

I tie the standard one on my braid to mono connections i doudle the twists. Another thing i do is use a drop of fishermans glue just to be safe and have never had one fail doing that. the stuff i use is like 2 or 3 bucks a bottle at outdoorsman and has a brush and lasts three seasons before it dries out.