outrigger question

i guess there are different ways to use them. i just run the cord out through the eyes and put a big metal or plastic ring on the line then i tie a bandbuster release from big jon in the line. then i have the length of the cord where i can put the ring over something, a rod holder bolt or something like that. then i can slide the cord through the ring. then i use lures or divers that run shallower or that has to be let out farther than my other lines. i let it out down the middle of the boat and tie a rubberband to the line, hook it to the bandbuster release then pull it out to the end of the outrigger.

at erie a couple of weeks ago i run my outsibe diver out 150 ft on a 4.5 setting on the lite bite slide diver. would have been like 3.5 on a dipsy, this got me down alittle over 40 ft. then run my second diver on 3 out 120 ft like running a dipsy 2.5 got me down around 40 ft. then my last rod set on 1.5 out 90 ft got ,me down around 40 ft. so i had to run something on my outrigger that would go over them. i used a small dipsy set on 0 and let it out 200 ft to 250 ft with 15 lb braid dont know how deep it was running but they caught fish. the fish were holding just above 50 ft in 70 ft of water. hope this helps you alittle. i also use the red rubberbands thats made for releases in the light weight bands.

sherman

I used to run 24' Angler specialty Hawian outriggers years ago, we used 1 to 2 # lead balls and les davis ball releases tied in line just above a 6 to 8' leader and any bait or flasher u want to run, offshore releases work well to release the main line from the outrigger, and the les davis release drops the weight when the hook is set. It is a lot more effecient to run inline planers than messing with outriggers.