buoys 1 and 2 7/15

Joined up with tim61 from this site and headed out of sebewaing saturday morning to buoys 1 and 2, or the green and white sparkplug some will say. We fished the west side of the buoys in 23 to 25 fow. Things started off good till the wind died then slowed down a little, i made a call to friend who was in the same area fishing a walleye tourny and they were limited playing catch and release looking for bigger fish, we moved in behind him and things got hot. We put our 4 man limit in the box in quick order and then we also started playing catch and release for awhile. We caught prolly 15 to 20 throwbacks and only 3 small shephead for the junkfish. We dragged meat 1.3 to 1.7, colors did matter a little, pink panties was hot and so were silver streak number 5 colorodo blades in blueberry muffin and siberian tiger along with wolverine salamander, 60 to 80 off the boards with 1 oz inlines. Also had 3 jumbo bonus perch. Thanks for the boat ride tim i had a blast and was happy we got off the water before it got hot. I am looking forward to salmon fishing with you next month.

Made it out yesterday out of Gambill's ended up with my limit, no one wanted go so I went by myself. Some nicer fish out there, had to work for them too. Harness' with one ounce in lines, colors were the usual, blues, chartreuse, white, green. The weather was a little iffy but it was fishable in my little boat. Surface temps were high 70's, 20-40 ft back, 21-23 fow, speed 1.0-1.3

Well luke we did it again, i think that is 3 times we have went

now and limited everytime, the harness and crawlers have been

very good to us.looking forward to some salmon fishing on my side of the state, everyone i know fishing grand haven or muskegon has been getting lots of kings and steelhead, very good

fishing right now. Hope to get back in the fall for some more sag

bay walleye action.......... Tt