So being that is Sunday night at almost 10 pm. I get to look back at think about the great weekend I was lucky enough to have. I fished Saturday and Sunday morning with guys from work (some of them are also on this site)

Saturday- AM

As most of you know I have been fishing up north past PS for the past month or so. Thursday night I fished in the same area up north so I figued Saturday that would be as good as place as any to start. 0500 We headed out of the piers and set down in 50 and trolled NW to 90 and then turned the boat south and looked around for the next 2-3 hours..... WITH A BIG FAT NOTHING. About the time we passed holland we picked up our first fish. We trolled all the way to Saugy picking away at fish for the next few hours and pulled lines at 11:15 ended up 6-11. The cooler had a nice mix of steel and kings with a 6 pound coho to boot.

Of the 5 fish lost..... 1 took the slider and ran it across the diver snapping the main line. the rest happend to be hyper active steelhead on the boards who put on a great show.

Sunday AM

14-21 or 22 Lost track while dealing with a triple.

After my start on Saturday, I figued I would run away from the dead zone up north. I ran out to 70 FOW just before the sliders and trolled out to 85 FOW. By the time we were in 85 we had 3 fish in the boat. We turned the boat south and never left that water. Trolled all the way to Douglas point and turned around to troll home.

So overall for the day 18 hits came on a S troll 1 on an east 1 on a west troll.

I could not buy a fish going north. Troll speed was terrible ect.

After a couple of downtimes with a half hour to hour wait between fish we nailed a nice steel on the diver down 120 on 2 and it was just ralphin bait. We worked quarter mile circle for the next 2-3 hours just banging away at fish. We would comeplete the turn and go S though the area and take a hit or 2.

None the less I got to spend to AMAZING days on the water and catch some fish with good friends.

Radio was dead Sunday morning and I only saw a couple boats around us.

(Would like to point out that I had 3 guys in the boat Sunday. Also missing 3 fish in the pictures as we had 3 undresized lakers.)

dscf3175.jpg

dscf3180.jpg

Top to bottom

BLL Blue/Green Frozen Toad

BLL Blue/Green Dolphin

BLL Green/Yellow Frozen toad

dscf3179.jpg

BLL Green Kato

Moonshine Blue Flounder J plug

Silver streak Standard Blue/green Dolphin

Green/Yellow 8" spinnie with a Blue water fly meatless teaser Green Dolphin

dscf3178.jpg

DW SS Blue Green Dolphin HOT

DW SS Green/yellow Dolphin HOT

BLL Mag Electric Lemonaid HOT

BLL MAG Electric lemonaid HOT

The spoons posted are the ones that did the best over the 2 days.

Fish were also taken on:

8" Green Gator pro troll with a Green Frog Brads ut plug

11" Green silver SD with Mtd Brads Cut Plug

11" Blue silver SD with a Blue water Blue Mongoose

BLL Patriot

DW SS Gobie

Glow and black Spinnie with a black fly

Best troll S at 2.4 on the GPS....

Thanks for the great detailed report:thumb:

I appreciate not only what and where, but the pic's are greatly appreciated

too!!

I fished similar water Sat morning out of GH but only managed 1 10# King

Couldn't seem to find them ~ seemed to be feast (guy at the cleaning station had 10) or famine (one boat had 2, another 0 at the dock at North Shore)

I couldn't find water below 60 degrees.

Shoulda headed further south I guess!!