Holland 6-22-2012 to 6-23-2012

Well, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Planned to go out Friday night and Saturday am.

Arrived at the dock Friday afternoon to the boat coming back into the dock after geting fuel and my dad screaming for help. Apparently they broke the shift cable on right engine and only had throttle, no gear. Got it safely back into the dock and started ripping into it to figure out the problem. YEP, shift cable - shredded. Went to Yacht Basin - no part . . . went to Drummond (5:15pm) no parts, but they were AWESOME. The guy called Vans in Grand Rapids for us and they had the part, and they closed at 6:00. Well, we made it from Drummond Marine to Vans in 30 minutes, got the part, got it back to Holland and got the boat back in order by 8:30. Thought about going out, but it had started raining.

So ..... Saturday morning we are joined by Jon (In II Deep), my buddy Ryan and of course dad. We did fairly well, with mostly a steelhead bite going on.

Fished mostly in 85-120, but did make it out to 190. 3 lakers, 3 steelhead, and one king total. flounder pounder on 300 went twice, rigger with miami dolphin, 1/2 moon frog pattern went, and some other stuff worked, but we changed lures so many times I couldn't tell ya what they were. Oh .... and the rigger came up into the 300 copper and clip - there they BOTH went. If anyone finds the board it's got my name and number on it, probably a oscar on the copper and a mag lemon berry with a mini lemon berry on the stacker. :(

So...... Jon and I are sitting around the dock talking to Donnie and a few others including Chris from Take N Out.... talked ourselves into going out again Saturday night. GREAT trip with Chris, his daughter Beth, her boyfriend CJ, Jon, and Bill from Shock Therapy. We had a riot. CJ brought in a gorgeous 13lb steelhead. I cried as I cut it up and placed it into bags.:shout:

All in all it was a great weekend even with the losses. Thanks to my wife for putting up with me being gone all weekend. She is the best.

Ya Kevin, I was pretty impressed.

While I was there waiting for Vans to find the part I wondered around the store.

Found $32 worth of stuff to buy and gave the guy $40 on the way out the door and said, "tell Vans we are on the way".

Very nice of them at Drummond to help me out.

I've always been impressed with their service.

Good Job Mark you made the best of rocky start. We didn't get out on the big lake do to weddings and other commitments but I did get out on a local lake and caught few fish. Glad you were able to get your shift cable fixed