Using TX-44 board vs TX-22

I'm going to add more copper to my little boat, and wonder if there is a problem running all TX-44 size boards vs the smaller boards, even on short line like 100 or 150. I mainly ask because my tackle shop sells the big boards for just one dollar more than the TX-22. Seems like if I can get a Big Mac for the price of a cheeseburger I should.

Use the smaller boards for the shorter coppers...Reasoning behind this is because they pull back much easier with a fish on them. The big boards love to pull true 100% of the time, and it makes it sort of difficult to get the outside boards behind the inside boards when you have a fish on them.

Is it just an acquired talent or is there an order the boards should go out in, i. e. longest first or vice versa? I forsee multiple tangles in my future.

They can go out in any order but starting with your outside board first would be the easiest. You should also have your shallower setups outside of you deeper setups. After a few trips you will have it dialed in.

I couldn't get the 22's to pull my 300' very good yesterday. I'm going to try a set of the 44's. When the wind picked up the combination of waves and current kept causing the board to flip. It worked ok when it was calm. There is a lot more pull with the copper than with the leadcore I am used to.

Hi- just thought i'd let you know that the TX44 boards work great on our 16' Starcraft. We have taken all other boards out of the boat ( probably had 12 different boards of four different types over the years )and are going exclusively with the 44's. Run them on all lengths of copper from 75 to 600 !!. They have been impressive thus far. The provided tow arm and reverse clip holds good and the boards track real well even with the 600 copper we started using this year when we have to get deep( we only run two riggers so this gives us another deep water option ) . Even with this 600 copper the board tracks well to the side and in step with a 300 copper board ! Got lucky and picked up a pair of the 44's for $22 pc when they first came out at D n R sporting goods. Added four more later for under $30 a pc. Get em they work great !