Rapala X-Rap

GLF

On Sunday, my family went to Cabela's. NEVER go to Cabela's on a Sunday 1 week before opening day of firearm deer season.

Anyways....I was browsing through the fishing tackle section, and came across the Rapala x-rap. They have a couple of different models of them. I picked up a couple xtreme action slashbait's and a couple deep diving slashbait's to try in the spring.

Anyone ever use these in the spring?

I have used the black/silver X rap the last two springs and it has been very good to me. We boated some nice browns and kings working the pierheads and harbors in Manistee and Frankfort and some trophy walleye and steelhead on an inland lake. I have not had much luck with the other color X raps.

I've used the black and silver x-raps and the pink x-raps. The pink was my #1 producing bait until about mid-way through may. I caught a few on the black and silvers, too.

I agree about the hooks. I have a unlucky "lucky" lure in my truck. The baits have a metal rod that runs down the center of them. We were fishing in the fall of 2004 and I hooked into a very large fish. We fought it for a while and it came off. Once we got the lure in the boat, the metal rod was broken through the plastic of the lure and the back hook was bent.

I keep the lure in my truck now as a 'lucky' reminder of the importance of hooks!

I agree about the hooks. I have a unlucky "lucky" lure in my truck. The baits have a metal rod that runs down the center of them. We were fishing in the fall of 2004 and I hooked into a very large fish. We fought it for a while and it came off. Once we got the lure in the boat, the metal rod was broken through the plastic of the lure and the back hook was bent.

I keep the lure in my truck now as a 'lucky' reminder of the importance of hooks!

I can relate to that S_G...........

Brand new X-Rap,one lake Ontario spring King.....

093569.jpg