putting together a fathers day trip not sure were to go frankfort wich is only 70 miles away or manistee 100 miles away i fish frankfort and do well i have never fished manistee but open to try new water any thoughts on were i should go in june . ps you guys rock and have helped my fish catching alot

That is about the slowest time of the whole season on Lk Mich. Steelhead fishing can be good out of both ports if the lake sets up with temp breaks offshore. It doesn't set up good for this every year. At this point in time, I'd say it is coin toss between Frankfort and Manistee for mid June.

If you have time to wait, hold off till a week before to finalize your trip and you'll have a better idea on what is going on at each port. If you are charter fishing, most of the fleet does not be booked solid in June so you should be able to get a boat on short notice.

Most of the charter guys here in Mansitee that I have talked to are saying that the fishing should be heating up here by mid-june. With the weather we have had I have to agree with them. There will be fish here, and you can always run south to the stick which should also be good. I am thinking that we will be seeing some big fish this year based on the early warm up, and if last year is any indicator we should be seeing an abundance of bait. Hopefully that all adds up to a thirty pounder in the boat for someone.

If you like throw me a PM as the time gets closer, and I will give you a report.

Good luck,

Chris