speeding ticket rant!!!

sherman51

just want to rant alittle, and get some opinions.

i was traveling to tenn. was still in indiana, i was following this car, he keeps speeding up and leaving me, then he will slow down and i catch him and have to slow down. i got tired of this and when i got a passing zone, it was a short passing zone, so i floored my car, by the time i got around him i had got pretty fast. a few minuets later a state cop pulls me over. he said he clocked me running 82 mph by the time i got around the car. he did cut me alittle slack, he wrote the ticket for 70 mph.

now what i would like to know is how many of you speed when passing another car?? and who thinks you should get a ticket for speeding while passing??

i plan to just mail the fine in and be done with it. but i think it was a cheap shot ticket. what do you guys think??

Sounds like the guy in front of you was on his phone or texting. Yeah, I agree with you. I drive like a little old lady and know that I do. So when I see someone is trying to pass me, I slow down and let them do it. I think as long as you slow down after you pass the guy to the speed limit, you should be cut some slack. Sorry you got the ticket though.

I feel for you. I have had similar things happen.

One of my pet peeves is the road hogs that go 50 on the two lane stretches and push it to 60 or better when they get to the passing lane stretch. There is no way you can get around them with out speeding. Even to pass someone safely on a two lane you have to put the pedal to the metal. If you have the time go to court or at least write the court explaining the circumstances. It can't hurt and may help. It isn't just the cost of the doggone ticket it may affect your insurance rates for years.

Hmmm, seems like if the speed limit is 55 and you got the 70 ticket at 82 you did get a break. The guy you followed most likely had a radar detector and had warning signals to slow. I recommend the Cobra for about $139, but there are many more to choose from. These can save you worry and tickets in the future. However, I don't recommend flooring to pass on a freeway situation, could be too dangerous. Seems like those crazies that are going over 100 mph never get caught, those are the ones that really need the tickets too.

However, I don't recommend flooring to pass on a freeway situation, could be too dangerous. Seems like those crazies that are going over 100 mph never get caught, those are the ones that really need the tickets too.

I agree. Especially when they do it a construction zone. I especially mind my Ps and Qs in the work zones. Double fines and double points, but most of all the safety of those workers just inches away from the traffic.

hey rascal

i wasnt on a freeway i was just on a 2 lane road and came to a short passing zone. had to hurry to get around him in the short passing zone.

and yea, i always slow down for work zones. we owe it to those workers to give them a brake.

I always love following behind the person who drives 5mph slower than the speed limit in the no passing zone, and then 5mph over the speed limit in the passing zone. :mad: Whats up with that??? :confused:

When I had a radar detector I got more speeding tickets than without one. Something about the sense of being invulnerable causes me to drive faster.