Hooks for Spoons?

First off I would like to say I love the Silver Streak Mag spoons and usually always run one or more every time I go out in the summer. Matter of fact they have been my best producer this year. Well....after I change the hooks out. It appears to me that the stock hooks on the spoons are so small and weak I seem to lose way to many fish and have tons of bump and runs that dont get the hook. I have also has a couple points straighten with surprisingly low pressure put on the fish. Noticing this I have swapped the hooks out with pricey Owner treble hooks in mostly the 1/0 size but after doing this my hook up rate has come up to close to and sometimes even 100% with seemingly no ill effects on the number of strikes. Has anyone else felt the same way as me and run different hooks on the spoons? I keep buying them cause they put fish in the boat but am kinda upset when I buy a $5-6 dollar spoon to have to immediately put a different hook on it (which are not cheap either).

I do the same thing for my spoons. The only ones I haven't changed are the JP Slammer hooks. Jimmy puts VNC hooks I believe. It makes you wonder why others can't put quality hooks on their spoons.

It makes you wonder why others can't put quality hooks on their spoons.

Its not just the quality of the hooks that sucks but the size seems to be too small. It seems disproportionate after looking at other spoons. Well I guess smaller hooks are cheaper..........

Silver Streak, like all my lures get a sharpen. The only hook I have found that doesn't need sharpening is the ones Big Weenie flies uses. I have never had a SS mag hook get straightened, or broke. I have broke a few of the Minnie's though. It's my belief the Silver Streak spoons have the best action.

• 2 weeks later...