Went 3-4 out of SH on Saturday AM. Fished 80 - 100 feet of water mostly straight out from the pier, but did go slightly north and south during the morning. All fish came in 90ish feet of water.

Lost a fish (looked like a king) on a slider set up on DR/SWR that got tangled up with a spin doctor on the other DR. Not sure if the king was the cause of the tangle or if it was the Crazy Ivan turn (reference Tom Clancy’s Hunt for Red October) that we had to take when three sailboats motored straight through the pack of fishermen. One poor guy had to completely shut down to avoid the sailboats. Our cause could have been helped if the guy to the south of us had turned away to his port. We were forced to turn in (hard) and run between everyone to keep from getting cut off to the south.

Wound up with a nice steelhead taken on 300’ of copper with my mystery spoon (see attached photo). This spoon has taken over half of my fish recently. I sure wish I knew who made it. I’m scared to death I’m going to loose it.

Also tossed down one of the new Luhr Jensen UV J plugs (green) that took a 15 lb king in a SWR on the DR set at 65’.

Switched over a couple of other lines to J Plugs and took a laker on the other DR/SWR down 75’ with a wonderbread J Plug.

07-30-11_glf.jpg

spoon_001.jpg

Edited by Nailer

Look at the spoon right below the eye and it looks like there are letters there. I think I see a DW for dream weaver but looked on their site and didn't see it (but they do have some spoons with no pictures). Those letters will tell you the manufacturer and then you can check out what the name of the spoon is :thumb: