I got up there just a tick after daylight, six other fellas already had their slammers up. I picked a couple good looking holes from the previous day's fisherman and set up with a bag on one and skein on the other. Looked around and realized how nice of a morning it is. Sun just about to pop, a few scattered clouds and no wind. Temp said 14 degrees but it felt warmer. I walked over to the other fellas and introduced myself and talked a bit. Seems two of them had good luck yesterday with three fish each but most came late in the day. I came back near my setups after a short while and soon one of the other guy's slammer started jumping. After a quick battle he managed a nice 5 lb hen.

The local geese were flying all morning, they would leave the marsh and fly right over head. Seeing these birds fly over that close is pretty cool, makes you wonder.

I switched out the bag for a couple waxies and freshened up the skein, hoping to see a rod hop! I sat back on my bucket only because I forgot my chair. The wind is just starting to show up so I park my back to it. I sat and thought of many things, some going on right now and some already have past. Some things I have no control over and wish I could change. Some of my thoughts were of things I did have control of and wonder how it would be if I did things differently.

Fishing alone can be a good thing, it was for me on this day. I remembered a few of the times I fished with my brother and some of the things I learned from him. I laughed out loud once and got looks from the other fella's. No telling what they were thinking!

I said some prayers for friends who need them and shed a few tears as well. As I looked up at the beautifull sky I know He was listening.

It was almost 10:00 now and two of the guys were packing it in. They wished good luck as they passed by. Shortly after two more left. I switched out baits again and sat back down in hopes. Surprised me no one else came out after me. There were many shanties up now, perchers I guess. Too far of a walk for me to see how they were doing. A couple trucks stopped by the bridge for a look, no one pulled out rods that I could tell.

The rest of the morning passed with no action except for my wandering thoughts so I decided since it is noon it must be lunch time! I packed my gear and said goodbye to the remaining two fisherman. Stopped in at the Boat House Bar and Grill for a burger and beer. On the way home I stoped by White Lake to see how they were doing and the three fellas who were there all morning had no action at all.

I sure did apprieciate a lot of things today!

Rick

Well put Rick!

Sometimes the best company is just you. I have always enjoyed the time spent alone, it’s a good time for thought, and to seek guidance. With or with out and action it’s a good time to charge the soul.

The only bad thing is when the action is good who are you going to brag too.:D

You said well about the best reasons to be outdoors in the wild. I think that more than anything else on the job, I enjoy watching how a beautiful sunrise or sunset affects some of my customers who almost never would take the time to enjoy the view if not being held captive for the moment.